- Integrity - earned by acting responsibly and in a timely manner, treating people fairly and with respect, and always "doing the right thing".
- Teamwork - working together as employees, partners, investors, and customers to achieve success and growth.
- Winning - foster and embrace win-win scenarios, reacting quickly, and being flexible and responsive to the needs of our markets.
- Innovation - performing with creativity and flexibility, and maximizing efficiencies through technology and change.
- Respect - keeping a good reputation, adherence to compliance and regulations, and understanding the responsibilities to our investors and clients.
Jeff Jensen, CEO of our portfolio company, Connecticut Electric, sent an email to his employees upon his return from our first Tecum Capital CEO Summit. He reflects on the Tecum teams core values:
One other reason I wanted to share my notes with you is to also tell you about what I observed during the CEO Summit. Every member of the Tecum Team were prepared, resilient, service focused, proactive, humble, etc. I watched the Tecum Team run the extra mile as they served each of the participants with the goal of assuring we would have a great experience. I was inspired as I noticed how service focused the Tecum Team was, and that also made me feel additional gratitude for their investment and support for our CE Team.
Tecum is the Latin adverb meaning "with you”. It is also our abbreviation for Tecumseh, a great American Indian (1768-1813), who was a leader of the Indian alliance originating from the Ohio River Valley.
Tecumseh was a legendary warrior, who earned respect for both moral courage and living an uncompromising ethical life. Tecumseh was born in Chillicothe, Ohio, his name meaning "Shooting Star". He built his reputation as a quick thinker and a stalwart. He was a skillful diplomat and excellent negotiator, who defended his native lands from unruly expansion and occupation. He was known for unflagging energy, dedication and vision.
Our team has adopted the Tecum name for its literal meaning as synonymous with “partnering” and as an abbreviation for a great native American, who represented high energy, integrity, dedication, and commitment to his Ohio Valley homelands, which are all part of our team’s core values and focus.